Big Daddy Diesel picked me Honest Scrap Award. Now I have to list ten honest things about myself. Whoa! 2 blog entries in one day – this is crazy stuff!
- I am a voracious reader. I go nowhere without a book or three. My interests float from fiction, to non-fiction, to historical accounts, to reference books. Currently I am reading The Prince of Tides and The Lady in the Tower along with The Triathletes Training Bible. Yeah, all at once.
- Pizza is the finest food ever invented.
- People often look to me to be the life of the party, when really all I want to do is stand in a corner and be entertained. I like to sit at a quiet bar and have a beer with a friend or two, but not with 100 or more people in a bar so loud you can’t talk. I really hate that.
- Along with #2 – at parties and bars, I usually order a beer and then walk around with it all night so people don’t bug me to drink.
- I want to make people happy, usually at the expense of making myself unhappy so they are not disappointed. I am getting better at this, but it isn’t easy for me.
- My dog Bailey is my best buddy. When I go places without him, I feel like I am missing something.
- There are days when all I want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep all day and not have to talk to anyone.
- I like who I am now better than who I was 5 years ago. Most of my friends like who I was 5 years ago better, they think I was more fun then. But, I am happier now. They don’t understand this triathlon/running thing (you know, as if it is some kind of disease) and are eagerly awaiting me to “get over it”. Don’t hold your breath kiddos.
- Running is my therapy. When I get depressed, down, or something terrible happens, I go for a run. It doesn’t fix anything, but it clears my head. I am not a fast runner, just a consistent one. I think I choose it because it is so portable, I can run pretty much anywhere. This injury has really thrown me for a loop, I am not sure what to do now that I can’t (OK shouldn’t) go for a run.
- My 90 year old grandfather is one of my biggest inspirations. Strength, independence, caring, and capability, all rolled up into one. I want to be like him when I grow up.
SO now I am supposed to pick a 7 fellow blogger to do this too. I apologize if you have already been picked, but I don’t think I have seen you guys post this yet: