- I am getting really excited for my 5 day vacation in Baxter State Park. I have talked about this place so many times, it is a really special place and I love it in the winter. You have to work hard to get there, so there is pretty much no one around.
- My bike isn’t ready yet. I promise to you bike porn when I get it. Sorry to be a tease.
- Every time I swim I come home with a clogged nose. This doesn’t happen to me in the summer, so I am thinking chlorine and my nose are not friends. My team mate Andree suggested nose plugs, so I am going to give it a try and see if it helps. Jason did make the really good suggestion of using a neti pot post swim, which would be great to try if I wasn’t so clogged when I get out of the pool. Anyone else have this problem?
- Speaking of swimming, I think I am getting better. I have gone from 2:20/100yds to 2:00. I would love to get another 20 seconds of improvement, which I know would happen if I could get to the pool a little more. I have already swam more this winter than all of last winter. I wish I could go more than once a week, but as I have said before, the pool is a 90 minute drive, and once a week is all I can fit in.
- Only 181 days until Ironman Lake Placid!
- It isn’t too cold right now, but this is going to be %$#! cold tonight, but warms right back up tomorrow..ha (check out the real feel temps below the big numbers):
|Baxter State Park, looking at Katahdin|
We have a great crew and an excellent plan, we will be skiing about 60 miles on this trip carrying all of our supplies on our back and sleeping in bunkhouses that have woodstoves and plywood bunks. John and I have been getting our gear together and are looking forward to it. Bailey will be staying with my parents eating cheese and pouting for the 5 days we are gone. I am scheduling some posts for when I am gone.
Bike: 78 miles (I have a 1hr trainer ride tonight, estimating 18-20 more miles)
Run: 18 miles (I have a 3 mile run tonight after my ride. On the treadmill if it is -23 and feels like -48)