Wagging Wednesday: Porter gets his day

Psst…Don’t forget to enter my Allied Medal Display GIVEAWAY!

If you have followed this blog for a while, you will remember that I once had a beautiful boy named Bailey who I would feature on my blog every Monday.

Bailey greeting me after COLD 13 miler

Bailey greeting me after COLD 13 miler

I called it Muttley Monday.

I hemmed and hawed about how to feature Porter weekly because really Muttley Monday belongs to Bailey in my mind.

I finally settled on Wagging Wednesdays.

Porter’s little stub of a tail wags all the time.  Back and forth. In circles one way, then the other.  He is just a happy dude.  So Wagging Wednesday is completely appropriate for him.

We took a walk last night on a dirt road that I love that runs along the Dead River.  The road is a little muddy, but it is really just a nice walk (a heck of a great run too).

I only dropped the camera in the river once.  That’s pretty good for me.

It is hunting season here in Maine, so we were both decked out in our hunter’s orange.

Porter sitting

Um, can I have a Zuke's treat?

Porter checking out the Dead River

I can't see the last turn buoy...

Porter on Dead River Road

I am cleaning off my paws so I can jump in your truck!

Snoozing

Good walk Mom..zzzz

This entry was posted in Porter, Wagging Wednesday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Wagging Wednesday: Porter gets his day

1. Porter makes me happy because he looks so happy! What a sweet boy!
    Matthew Smith recently posted..Weekend RecapMy Profile

2. Jamoosh says:

Porter rocks! But then again, you already knew that.
    Jamoosh recently posted..Story 49My Profile

3. What a wonderful way to honor your dog.
    Looking forward to Wagging Wednesdays and the adventures of Porter.
    Both Papa Shanti Bear and Brother Pax do the happy circle wag, the happier they are the faster the circle

I can’t get over how big he is!!! Definately in that teenager stage right now ;)
    Jon recently posted..Non Wordless Wednesday: HappynessMy Profile

The Porter is getting HUGE!

Love the hunter’s orange, Porter seems to be a dog that preaches the message of Safety First!
    Jeff recently posted..San Antonio RnR Half Marathon Race ReportMy Profile

6. Heather O says:

Awesome! Porter is the best! Really hoping we get to come out to Maine this year to meet him!

Love the you reserved Muttley Mondays in memory of Bailey. He will never be forgotten!!!

Man… if only we could teach Frank to clean his paws… he thoroughly enjoys jumping up on me when they are uber muddy :(

Heather made hunter orange bandanas for our monsters for when we hike.

I am clumsy too… first day I had my new cell phone, scratched the screen from dropping the thing.

Can’t wait for next wednesday!
    Matt Oravec recently posted..Let’s just ride this one out…My Profile

Love Wagging Wednesday! Porter is so completely adorable… I want to smooch his face!
    Tracy recently posted..Frosty camping with the Boy ScoutsMy Profile

Porter is growing up into quite a handsome boy! I’m glad he’ll have his own weekly feature :)
    Molly recently posted..Taper = Party!My Profile

Such a cute puppy!!!
    BDD recently posted..Weekly RamblingsMy Profile

Yay! I’m glad that Porter gets his day too! :) Too cute!

Oh… and my pups are loving the Zukes! ;)

I love Wagging Wednesdays!

That last photo is how Reba always looks after our walks. Aren’t they so cute then!
    Christi recently posted..I’m Done!My Profile

He is soooo cute! And getting soooo big!
    Jill recently posted..Pilates for DummiesMy Profile

14. Kristin says:

Love Wagging Wednesday!! Porter is so freaking adorable. I’d love to bring Maggie up there and let them play. Maybe she would learn to stay near me and not chase light, animals, or leaves. She attacked the drain pipe on the house this morning because a chipmunk ran up it. Ugh. Bogey joined it but had no clue why. It was too funny.
    Kristin recently posted..Where Has Time Gone?My Profile

I love that Muttley Mondays stays with Bailey. And I can’t WAIT to see what Waggin’ Wednesdays has in store.. I’ve been stalking your youtube channel. hahaha
    adena recently posted..so I was…My Profile

16. Glenn Jones says:

Awesome! I’m looking forward to Wednesdays now!
    Glenn Jones recently posted..Something Exciting Happened…My Profile

17. Waggin Wednesday it is :D
    Sending love to Porter (and you) from SoME!!
    MilesMusclesMom recently posted..Beyond ExcitedMy Profile

aww, love that Porter has his own day now too! Cute pics — he looks like he’s growing up fast!!
    Anne-Marie recently posted..fall funMy Profile

Wagging Wednesday! Love it! Porter is such a cute pup! :)
    Jennie recently posted..So Many 11s: 11/11/11 Run @ 11:11 PMMy Profile

Wagging Wednesday! Love it!

It is a good thing you have that water proof camera. Some people just don’t get along with technology. Sounds like you are in good company with MattyO.
    Kevin recently posted..Race Report: 11/11/11, 11 Mile Run at 11:11PMMy Profile

21. Alexa says:

Porter is so big and beautiful.. I love him! I would love a dog like him.. unfortunately, my horrible work schedule and tiny studio apartment are just not dog friendly :(
    Alexa recently posted..S-L-A-C-K-E-RMy Profile

22. Kevin J says:

He is SO CUTE. I want another one now.

Kevin
    HalfTRIing.blogspot.com
    Kevin J recently posted..Miami Man 70.3 Part 3My Profile

23. This is great. Thank you for doing a feature post with Porter. I miss Bailey too but it is great to have the opportunity to share the love with Porter and show him a great family from us to you and him.

And those Zuke’s drive Ginga crazy. Is there hemp in them or something? She’s never gone so nuts for something before in her life.

24. Marcia says:

Thank you for this dose of extreme cuteness! I’ll be looking forward to wagging Wednesday’s!
    Marcia recently posted..Three Things ThursdayMy Profile

25. Awww..I love wagging Wednesday! :)
    Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) recently posted..An impromptu OWS!My Profile

26. shannon says:

how perfect is that?? LOVE wagging wednesdays. and porter. and you! but that goes without saying :)
    shannon recently posted..Persimmon Apple Spice BreadMy Profile

27. Great idea. Bailey is forever a piece of you that no matter what will not be replaced. I’m so thankful you have your fur-baby Porter. Bailey would not want you to be without a companion! Hugs to Porter from Cooper!
    Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..Would you rather…? No. 21 "Biggest Loser Theme"My Profile

28. Big Clyde says:

Thanks for the great comment today, CT! Right back at you!

By the way, I loved your posts with Bailey and I am loving the posts on Porter. What a handsome dog!
    Big Clyde recently posted..My Red-Shirt SeasonMy Profile

29. Della Landry says:

And I can’t WAIT to see what Waggin’ Wednesdays has in store.. She’s never gone so nuts for something before in her life. What a handsome dog!
    Della Landry recently posted..Cancer Tattoos TumblrMy Profile

30. Augusta Glover says:

And those Zuke’s drive Ginga crazy. Great idea.
    Augusta Glover recently posted..Many MopsMy Profile