Sunday Sampler

Not to brag or anything, but I got to eat two turkeys this weekend.

Yup, it was was pretty freaking awesome.

John and I went down to his families for Thanksgiving.  We had an awesome time seeing everyone, and I entertained everyone by trying to make a gingerbread house for the first time.

I forgot to bring my camera, but it looked something like this:

Gingerbread house failure

Mine was hit by a tornado

The next day we got up early and headed to my parents’ house for another awesome meal.  I honestly think I gained 5 pounds this weekend.

Two things really stand out from that visit.

The butter:

Butter, Turkey, thanksgiving, family, fun

Mom got creative...

…and watching the dogs play:

Berners playing in the snow

Porter and his Uncle Kenny playing in the snow

We also got to have a really nice visit with my grandparents.  I am so thankful for our family and friends.

After eating that much, it was really nice to get back home and get out for a run.  I met my friends Kim and Cindy (who I DO NOT get to see enough of) and we went for a nice 5 mile run.

running, caratunk, winter, Maine

Getting ready to head out for a 5 miler

And that is about it…well…actually. Not really.

I was kidnapped.

Last night John and I went to Augusta to have dinner with some friends who were in the area for the Thanksgiving weekend.  We ran into some friends from Caratunk/The Forks at the same restaurant.   They were out to see a friends band play at a local bar.

Before they left, they came in to say bye and next thing I knew I was heading out with them to go dancing.

Holy random, right?

I feel kind of bad, because I DID totally leave John with the bill and a 90 minute ride home alone, but he said (still says) he was good with it and I believe him.

So I jumped in my friend Kim’s car and off we went to some bar I had never heard of.  It was a blast, the band was fun, and it was really awesome to catch up and hang with some of my friends who I don’t get to see very often.

After a night of dancing that got me home at 2:30 am (I KNOW!! I am usually in bed at 9pm.  But it was a great time!) I am feeling a little groggy.  I am heading up to my trainer for an hour bike ride to shake things out a bit and then…probably time on the couch.

This entry was posted in random and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Sunday Sampler

1. Holy Fun-ness Batman…..yeah I made up that word and I like it.

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving vacation for you.
    Jason @ Cook Train Eat Race recently posted..Winter = Pool TimeMy Profile

Oh my goodness… super fun weekend! I love that you went dancing at a bar. I can’t even tell you the last time I did that.

And you mom is awesome – that butter rocks! :)

3. Kristin says:

Dance Dance Dance All Night Long!!!!!

Two turkeys, too awesome! Porter looks like he had a blast! :)
    Jennie recently posted..Thanksgiving Eve 2011My Profile

Wowzas! It sounds like the fun never ends in Caratunk! Turkeys, puppies, kidnapping, tornado ravaged gingerbread houses. And 2:30am?!?!? It makes me tired just thinking about it. The only time I am up at 2:30am is when I fall asleep on the couch and move into the bedroom at 2:30am. haha
    Kevin recently posted..Our First Thanksgiving at HomeMy Profile

6. Cory Reese says:

Mercy, all that snow looks so un-awesome! Props to you for getting out for a run. That was the only slight consolation for the enormous amounts of pie I ate.

That turkey butter is way too cute to eat. You didn’t eat it, right? You saved it to look at and adore until next year, right? RIGHT?? :)

The dancing with the gf’s sounds like so much fun….I need a girls’ night out like that!

Glad to year you had a nice Thanksgiving(s)!!
    Jill recently posted..Bye Bye, PlanMy Profile

8. Sharpie says:

Holy crap girl. Are you back in college? :)

Love it. Glad you had a well deserved good time!!!
    xo

9. Jamoosh says:

Is there really anything better than dogs in snow? I think not.
    Jamoosh recently posted..Story 47–I Was a Teenage Ice CubeMy Profile

I am glad you had a great weekend
    BDD recently posted..Weekly RamblingsMy Profile

The last minute random outings are usually the most fun!! I bet you needed it.

I didn’t even get to my turkey this weekend but you had two dinners so you made up for me. :-)
    adena recently posted..so I was… and some winners!My Profile

12. Rachelle says:

You’re normally in bed at 9AM? So 2:30AM would be an early night for you? Sorry, I know its a typo, but I couldn’t resist.
    Rachelle recently posted..Odd ThanksgivingsMy Profile

13. shannon says:

ha, what a night :) err, weekend! sounds awesome, and definitely a reminder of how awesome friends and family can be!
    shannon recently posted..Apple CrispMy Profile

Need to go take a nap after reading that 2:30am thing! Good for you. It is sometimes necessary for us to experience the non-endurance sports world every now and again (just so we can appreciate it even more)!
    Jeff recently posted..Turkey Trot TimeMy Profile

15. Robin aka gottarun472 says:

Reading up on some if your post. I also gave up a spot on a local team. Thrilled to pay it forward to another woman. Rats that you will not be my on Rev3 with me!
    I have been enjoying the Porter cam. :)

16. caratunkgirl says:

I am so happy you are on the Rev3 Team!! That is awesome. I will try to keep the Porter cam coming!!
    caratunkgirl recently posted..Sharpie for 2012!My Profile

17. I loved the butter turkey. My parents are always crazy with how they present stuff…even butter.

Way to get out for a 5 miler. That always helps with the Thanksgiving calories.

I’m glad you had fun!
    Matthew Smith recently posted..Last Long Run and Pic DumpMy Profile

18. lindsay says:

oh you are such a rock star party goer. I would have passed out at 10pm. haha.
    lindsay recently posted..A Journey to Remember….or not.My Profile

19. Joyce Avery says:

I love that you went dancing at a bar. Ha! hahah Yeah, that 2:30am thing is like Haley’s comet for me.
    Joyce Avery recently posted..Cancer Tattoos TumblrMy Profile