Sharpie for 2012!

I am super excited to announce that my coach for  2012 will be Carole Sharpless!

Carole is an amazing coach and is one of the most dedicated, knowledgeable, talented, and caring people I have ever met.  I feel so fortunate that I get to work with her this year!!

Triathlon coach

Man.  She is going to kick my butt and whip me into shape for Ironman Mont Tremblant (only 264 days away!)

I can’t freaking wait!

The other great thing about Carole is that after she makes me cry she will make me laugh.  If you don’t follow her blog, you are missing out.  She is the author of one of my favorite quotes (probably because I LOVE pizza).

If you’re going to dream – hell, dream big and go for it! Why not? I dream about pizza. That’s why I order extra-large. If I’m going to do something, I’m going to do it right.        ~ Carole Sharpless

I am looking forward to Carole leading me to a stronger (and funnier) 2012!!!

Short spunky girl from the tiny town of Caratunk, Maine. Active outdoor girl. I am a forester, whitewater raft guide, Ironman and 5x marathoner with Ultra dreams. Always ready for the next adventure with my dog Kineo by my side.
This entry was posted in Carole Sharpless, coach, Ironman, training and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Sharpie for 2012!

1. Alexa says:

so awesome! Carol’s blog is one of my favorites. I watched “One-Eyed Monster” because she blogged about it. And her recent post about being single struck a huge chord with me!!

2. that IS exciting!! She is going to make you WORK!! Can’t wait to hear all about it! 🙂

Maybe she will teach you how to do the peanut trick!

Awesome news!

264.

4. She actually did a swimming presentation at the TriBella store in Denver this summer! She was awesome and absolutely hilarious! I have actually thought about emailing her about coaching me in swimming, but I chickened out! I have no doubt she will be an awesome coach for you!

Carole is awesome and now Kevin, Jon and me are going to have to worry about being chicked at IMMT b/c she is going to turn you into a machine!

Hey Aimee – send Carole and email – she is like a freaking dolphin in the water!

6. Heidi says:

good luck!!!!! hope it works out perfectly!!!

Cool stuff! 264 days doesn’t mean anything…..YET!

8. Christina says:

That is so cool! I think I’ve seen her blog before, but I will be sure to add it to those I follow. The humor of our blogger community is definitely more than worth the time I waste – I mean, spend – reading blogs! 🙂

9. She’s awesome 😀 Congrats, great news

Ummm, did Carole mention that it was MANDATORY to come to SoME once a month and train with me? Not yet? Oh, she will.

10. Great news! (about you and Carole, not about 264) .

Game on.

She sounds perfect for you! I’m so excited to hear all about your training and then cheer you on while you race. 264 days til I get to meet you in PERSON!!

12. Very cool! A good coach is priceless. and I love that pizza quote. Totally going to steal that.

13. Congrats on the new coach. I can definitely feel that a bunch of people waking up to start getting ready for next year.

14. Marcia says:

She sounds awesome! With a pizza quote like that, how could she not be? All the best with this training cycle–you’ll kick butt!

Yay! What a perfect fit for you Mandy! 🙂 Can’t wait to follow the journey. I can’t believe that MT is only 264 days away!!!

16. Shannon says:

how exciting! fun quote too, i’m sure you’ve got a good season ahead! 🙂

17. Heather O says:

Sounds AWESOME! You are going to have one kick-ass (or ass-kicking) season…lol. I am so excited for you!

Mmmmmmmmmmm……..PIZZA 😉

She looks amazing and I bet she’ll have you looking amazing by the time all is said and done! I’m gonna follow her blog!

19. shutupandrun says:

Carole sounds amazing, I’m off to read her blog now. You must be so excited for what she has in store for you over the next 264 days. I’ll be excited to follow your journey…

20. That is awesome. Super excited for you and even more excited for Carole to be coaching such an awesome athlete.

IMMT will be all yours!

21. Tridadoffive says:

OMFG! Sharpie is HYSTERICAL! That quote is hysterical. Good luck training for TB. I can not wait to hear how she is going to kick the crap out of you. 🙂

I think you will work hard during the 2012!
    I love pizza!!!! My favorite is “margherita”.

23. Joan Hansen says:

Cool stuff! Can’t wait to hear all about it!