I was trying to write this post from my iPad (currently my only computer) and had some issues posting the pictures I wanted to add to my year end post.
I just am not that smart I guess.
So after throwing a fit, I decided to adjust my plan and sum up my year more in words than in pictures, kind of unusual for me, but I have to work with what I have got, right?
When I think about 2011, I see it as a year that was filled with a bit too much sadness, just enough triumph…and randomly flashing people.
Anyway, for me 2011 was about passages, some really great stuff, and flashing people.
Passages…I unfortuneately said goodbye to 4 friends that were really important to me. They all left much much too soon.
Hugh, Bailey, Erika, and Steve – you each made my life better, you each made me a better person just having known you. I miss you all every single day. So so much.
Good Stuff: 2011 wasn’t all bad though. I find it kind of funny that the hurts stick with you longer than the joys.
But there was a lot of really great stuff that came outs of 2011. Here are my top 5 things.
- Porter. That little puppy (who is quickly growing) came to me just when I needed him.
- Ironman Lake Placid. Yup, I finished! I had so much fun, it truly was one of the best experiences of my life.
- Blog buddy meet-ups. Seriously. If I knew how to link and post pictures from my iPad I would be linking you all up right now! I feel pretty darn lucky to have made the friends I have via this blog.
- Ironman Florida with Colleen, Kristin, Matty and Heather O! Plus meeting up with KC and an amazing crew of bloggers in Florida was such a blast!
- Hiking with my friend Beth. We got to see some awesome places, and we are going to see even more in 2012!
I unintentionally exposed myself in public more than once in 2011. More than twice actually.
No. I didn’t have a picture for this portion, but my New Years resolution is to limit the wardrobe malfunctions to less than 2.
So that is about it. I envisioned something much different for my year end post, but until I can find a ten year old to teach me to post pictures, y’all are stuck with my words.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!