Welcome 2012!

The journey begins…

The journey begins...

What is really great about a New Year is the feeling of a fresh start, the chance for a do over.

I am not sure really what is so different when I look at today verses yesterday, but I can’t help but be happy happy happy when I look forward.

Why am I so happy?

1. I start a new job on January 9th!  I am excited and a little scared.  Mostly excited, but starting a new thing and being the new kid on the block is always a little tough.
  2. I figured out how to blog from my iPad…and I love it!  Thank you Blogsy!
  3. Ironman Mont Tremblant is only 8 months away, and I get to meet up with some of my best blogger friends there!
  4. I have next week off and I am going to go and see this girl.
  5. HR training is getting a little better (thank you Rodney for the Static Guard tip!) If you live in a cold climate and are wearing lots of layers static can mess with your HR monitor and gives you some erratiac readings.  Static Guard is my new best friend.

The biggest thing I want to work on this year is my eating habits.  I drive a lot for work (and will continue to do so with this new job) and I find that as a captive behind the wheel, I eat out of bordom and just don’t plan well and then I fall off the wagon and into a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips.

Coach Sharpie is helping me tackle this – and the key is paper planning.  Her ideas and guidance here have been just fabulous and I am really excited to get things rolling.

What are you excited about for 2012?

This entry was posted in random and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Welcome 2012!

1. Jamie says:

Can’t wait to hear about transitioning to the new job. Knock ‘em dead!
    Jamie recently posted..Chasing BubblesMy Profile

2. you’re awesome. best freaking pic, love it.
    can’t wait to see you and Porter!!! xo
    MilesMusclesMom recently posted..The Power of BELIEVEMy Profile

3. Michael says:

New Job…..that is exciting!!! Eating better is always a goal of mine for the new year and I really hope to make it happen and keep with it this year .

The new job is the perfect way to kick off what is going to be a wonderful year.

You know what I am most excited about in 2012? “Operation Sneak Porter into Canada!”
    Jeff recently posted..Thoughts on Advanced Marathoning …My Profile

5. Christina says:

Great pic! Have a great trip and best wishes as you start the new job. Happy New Year!
    Christina recently posted..Year in ReviewMy Profile

6. Mark M says:

Mandy, if you have to fall off the wagon…….a bag of salt & vinegar chips is not a bad place to end up :-)

Love the pic!!!

I hear you about eating in the car. I hate being in the car for that very reason. Too easy to snack just to pass the time.

Happy New Year!!

8. That pic is phenomenal, and that one of the snow is pretty good too!

I want to learn more about this whole forestry thing so I’m ready when you are for facetime. I’m feeling 100% better than I was on Thursday so let’s schedule some time again soon.

2012….The Year Of Epicness
    Jason @ Cook Train Eat Race recently posted..Medals From 2011My Profile

9. We supposed to get a bunch of snow tonight, so maybe we’ll look like you guys pretty soon. New jobs are always exciting, but it’s ok to be a bit scared. You’re going to do so well!
    Matthew Smith recently posted..Christmas FunMy Profile

Great pics! Enjoy the time off, and good luck as you prepare for the new job! Happy 2012!!
    Jennie recently posted..Resolution Run RecapMy Profile

You have so many fun things coming up in 2012… it’s going to be awesome! Can’t wait to see the year progress for you! xo

You have so many great things happening in 2012 Mandy! Can’t wait to cheer you on through everything! xo

Have a great year Mandy! Have fun playing!
    Christi recently posted..Friday Lyrric and Catch Up!My Profile

14. Kovas says:

2012 – more success for Mandy! Enjoy the new job.
    Kovas recently posted..Labeloff: Removing Wine LabelsMy Profile

15. misszippy1 says:

congrats on the new job! That’s exciting. Wow, I can totally see how it would be easy to eat out of boredom when stuck in a car. Good for you for recognizing it and doing something about it.

Bring on 2012 indeed!
    misszippy1 recently posted..Dear running clothing manufacturers:My Profile

16. Laura says:

you are going to kick some serious ass in 2012… well you kicked ass in 2011 so why not do it again. :)
    Laura recently posted..The big REVEAL!My Profile

I hope you enjoyed the Holidays
    BDD recently posted..Happy HolidaysMy Profile

18. I figured you were getting false positives off of the HRM. Static guard sounds like an easy enough fix.
    Patrick Mahoney recently posted..Anatomy Of Ian’s RoomMy Profile

19. shannon says:

I’m not quite sure if I’m excited for 2012 yet, but it’ll come ;) 2011 was a good year though, so I’m hoping this year will follow suit! happy new year mandy :)
    shannon recently posted..Sweet Potatoes & Red LentilsMy Profile

20. Here’s to a promising 2012! Cheers!
    Carolina John recently posted..New Years ReduxMy Profile

21. Laima says:

Love your happy pic! Happy 2012!
    Laima recently posted..Tuesday Tidbits – Nuts about NutsMy Profile

22. TreeMapper says:

Told you a great job would come….
    Grapes are my fave road snack….
    If your not looking forward, you wont see where you’re going…..

Ohhhh, I am so so soooooo jealous of that cross-country ski picture!!! We are having something along the lines of a ‘snow drought’ here, and my skis and I are very, very sad :(

You’re going to have a great 2012, I know it!!

Happy New Year!!
    Anne-Marie recently posted..2011 in review!My Profile

your 2012 looks like it’s going to be great!!! I’m excited to try some new races this year : )
    Molly recently posted..Who goes to Disney World Marathon Weekend and doesn’t run? ME.My Profile

25. Glenn Jones says:

Huh. Never thought about the effect of static on the ol’ HRM. Might explain some of the things I ran into yesterday!
    Glenn Jones recently posted..Short Post for a Short RunMy Profile

26. Your posts always make me smile Mandy! Cooper says Happy 2012 to Porter! Enjoy time with MMM-love her! Wouldlove to hang with you two some time!
    Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..Let’s Catch Up! NYE & ‘ZonaMy Profile

Best wishes for the new job.
    I am happy because you are … happy. You are always an inspiration.
    Nothing to be excited here: economical crises, more taxes (a journalist wrote “taxed as the donkeys”) the highest in Europe and retirements procrastinated …..
    Black Knight recently posted..2011: One Running YearMy Profile

28. Love the excitement and kickoff for your year ahead!!!

29. kc says:

i hope you had a great week at your new gig. love the picture of you jumping!

30. Suzanne says:

Hope your year is off to a great start!
    Suzanne recently posted..New Year’s Day-Part 3My Profile