This makes me feel rather special (in the short bus way).
Here are the “official” rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
Since I am tagged 4 times, I am going to amend the rules a little. I will do the 11 things, and then I will going to answer 11 questions – 2-3 from each person that tagged me. I get to pick the questions.
Hey, it is my blog I can do what I want.
Total, random aside. Why 11?? That is really a weird number.
11 Random Things
1. I don’t really think I am all that short until I see a picture of me standing next to someone who is normal sized. That is when it hits me…hey, you know, I am kind of short.
2. I am an outside kid, I always have been. I work, play, and do pretty much everything outdoors pretty much in all weather. If I were to be tied behind a desk, I think my spirit would wither away.
3. I hate dresses. Skirts. Girl shoes. Pink. Please don’t make me wear any of them.
4. I have ALWAYS been a dog person.
5. I read a lot. When I find an author I like, I tend to read as much of their stuff as I can get my hands on…I am all over the map, fiction, non-fiction, fantasy…as long as it isn’t a mushy love story, I am good (I dislike Nicolas Sparks-type books). My favorite authors are Susan Casey, Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child (when they write together), George R. R. Martin, Erik Larson, Steven King. Actually, right now I am reading 1/22/63 by Steven King. It is pretty good.
6. 8 weeks of yoga and I still can barely touch my toes.
7. I am an only child. I entertained myself outside most of the time. My dad tied a rope on a tree so I could climb up and down it for fun. Or I would rake a pile of leaves in the fall and swing through them (WEEEEE – do you picture Calvin & Hobbes?) Yup. Things got pretty crazy in Solon,
8. This is my favorite liquor store in the entire world. I literally burst out laughing when I saw the sign for the first time and then had to explain to a bunch of GUYS why I thought it was so funny.
9. I have been thinking about my friend Hugh a lot lately. I really miss him and wish I could tell him about what I am doing now.
10. I kind of see IMMT as meeting up with a bunch of my blogger friends and…oh yeah, doing an Ironman. I should probably amend that slightly. But it is going to be awesome.
11. I really love pizza, ice cream, and beer. That is why I do Ironman distance races. If I didn’t train, this blog would have to be called something like “Carachunk Girl”.
Sooo now time for the 11 questions…
1.Do you pass gas in front of your significant other? Constantly.
2.Do you still write checks? Why? Yes. Because I live in Caratunk and we have the pony express of the internet. I am pretty sure a check gets there faster than online bill pay does.
3.Are you working in the field in which you obtained your college degree in? Yes, at least I work in the field that I got my Masters in. I have a BA in History and MS in Forest Management. I have worked in the Forestry field since my graduation (aka when I got my $hit together), and I currently work as a forester for SAPPI Fine Paper.
6. What was your favorite memory of 2011? Ironman Lake Placid. No doubt!
7. Do you prefer to train alone or in groups? I like to train alone. I am so used to doing my own thing and running, biking, swimming on my own I have grown to prefer training alone. PLUS, I challenge you try to find someone in Caratunk, ME who wants to go on an 80-100 mile bike ride with me.
8. Dogs or cats? Explain. Dogs. Please see above. If I have to explain it to you, you are most likely a cat person.
9. Does your house cleaning suffer for your sport? HA HA HA HA…Seriously? I train to avoid house cleaning. I often ask myself this question: Self, should I vacuum or do a 112 mile ride followed by a 6 mile run? Well, do the ride/run of course! By the time I get back from that I will be too tired to care about vacuuming.
On the other hand, if my opponent is someone like…say…Roseanne Barr, I want to play Monopoly…sort of. I mean, if I have to play a game.
11. You’re sitting next to a friend(s) in a room. You fart and it’s loud enough that you KNOW everyone heard it. Do you acknowledge it or pretend it never happened? (Okay, every situation is different….but you know yourself – in general, your reaction would be?) Hell yeah I acknowledge it, I want credit for something that good. Either that or I would turn to the person next to me in total shock and say “CINDY!! HA HA!! That was a rip roarer! Check your pants!”
Apparently I am gassy and proud of it.
Anyway, I am supposed to tag 11 people. See, here is the thing. I am not going to do that. If you haven’t been tagged and want to do this, then go for it! You can use the questions I answered, or pick different ones than I did from the blogs that tagged me.