I don’t have a lot to say today, which is probably pretty surprising to anyone who knows me. But really, work has taken over my life this week (yet again) and taken my training time away. One more week of this and I am back to my normal schedule and away from Fart Town.
- My left calf/lower leg hurts like hell this week. Probably from my neighbors dog running into it at 90 mph during one of our dog walks. It can’t be from running 21 miles on Saturday, I deny that fully. I also deny that biking a short, measly little 15 miles the next day (recover ride, I call it) has anything to do with it.
- It sucks, I ran through all the cold, snow, sleet, and slush of winter to now be hobbling around, semi-injured and questioning the intelligence of running the Sugarloaf Marathon in a month. Whine. Sniff. Cry.
- Yeah, I just decided I am going to run it anyway. I am not that smart really.
- People think I must see a lot of cool stuff working in the woods. They are right, sometimes I do. But mostly, well, I see stuff much less interesting. Yesterday I saw this for a few hours while walking in the woods:
Really, it wasn’t all that cool, I am still picking spruce and fir needles out of unmentionable places. I also saw this really big bear poop – honestly, it was impressive enough to mention. Bear do not poop in the woods by the way, they poop on the gravel road. Just some more useless information that I gathered this week.
- The lake near my house has warmed up to a balmy 39 degrees! I only need like 10 or 11 more degrees before I think I can swim in open water. I really, really can’t wait.
- I am opting to bike instead of run tomorrow to take it easy on the sore leg.
- Dinner tonight is Chicken Fajitas, I better get cooking because I am hungry. Have a great weekend all!