I think I will bring the clear sunglasses for the bike portion of Saturday’s race.
Saturday’s forecast is as follows:
|Showers High 55°F
||Showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Chance of rain near 100 percent.|
I am cool with the rain, I am really itching to do a race. And the way I see it, I am going to be wet for 2 hours at most – hopefully less than that. My friends who
are were doing the race are not cool with the rain, and are already doing some serious backpedaling. I got one email that read:
I’m just saying…if it is 40 and raining sat am don’t bother looking for me!!
And another that said:
I just want to make it clear, I might not show up. It doesn’t make me a wimp.
And this last one:
You are going anyway aren’t you? Of course you are. I might not make it.
If they want to see tough conditions, they should see Regina’s post on the Bronx Duathlon in April. The photos of that race are pretty crazy, but I am pretty sure it isn’t going to be all that bad. Just in case, I am giving the camera to my sherpa (my mother) and hoping she gets some good shots of the deluge.
Race report to follow on Sunday!