Today I thought I might borrow an idea from Anne Marie at AM Goals for the Week. Every week she looks at what is working and what is not. I am hoping she doesn’t mind me borrowing her idea, because it is what is on my mind right now.
- My coach. She rocks. I know she hasn’t even begun to kick my butt yet, and I know I will be swearing at her at times (you want me to do WHAT?? HOW FAR?? What is this HARD HARD HARD crap? ha ha) All joking aside, getting a coach was probably one of the best decisions I have made – my workouts are for a purpose with ideas in mind heading into each workout, and I get feedback on my key workouts.
- Testing. This is still online with the coach, but the HR test I did on my bike on Monday went well (I wouldn’t go so far as to say it was FUN, but it is DONE), and now I have my HR zones for the bike. I have not ever worked with HR zones, and it is really going to help me know what intensity I am suppose to be at in a given workout. I do a swim test this weekend (to figure out my per/100yd pace to work from. This should be good and embarrassing, ha ha.), and then my run HR test, which I am really looking forward to. I love that we are working on a baseline of fitness to build on.
- Running. I am finally getting my groove back and it feels good. This was a tough year for me as far as running goes, between fighting injury and then, well, fighting injury. But right now I am healthy and feeling strong on the run again. It is really nice to start getting back to where I was before I was injured.
What Needs Some Work:
- My nutrition/diet/all the food I stuff into my face. Need I say more?
Well, yes, now that you mention it…actually I do need to say more. It is hard as hell to live with someone who doesn’t have any interest in eating healthy. I would love to just have healthy stuff in the house, except that I go and buy healthy stuff and someone feels the need to supplement that with goodies like chips and salsa. Add to this that really there is not many people in my life who really eat healthy, and it is just hard to eat clean. I am trying, really I am. I am writing down all that I eat. I am knitting while watching TV instead of feeding my face.
- I know, it all comes down to self-control (of which, I have almost none). I am working on it.
- Getting up early. 5am was my workout time all summer. Sometimes I would go even earlier. The darkness and cold are making me dive under the covers. It isn’t a big issue right now, because I am getting my workouts in, but will be an issue later. I am going to work on that as well.
- This is one I have no control over, but it is something that isn’t working for me. My grandfather is sick. It isn’t working for me at all. He had an operation this week, and things went OK, but he really is pretty sick and has a few problems going on that I hope are fixable, but we don’t know. He is home now and doing better, but it was the first time I have ever seen this rock solid man start to crumble.
To learn more about him, click HERE. But to get an idea about who he is without clicking that link – he put up 4-5 cords of wood (for next winter) the week before his operation. He is 90 years old. We had planned on doing it while he was getting better, but he had other ideas.
Anyone have anything that is working especially well for them this week? Anything you really want to work on? I would love to hear about it!