So here are the rules:
1. You must thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog. Thank you Christi! You guys should definitely check out her blog and cheer her on in her Operation Iron quest!
2. You must share 7 things about yourself.
3. Finally, you must pass this award along to other bloggers.
OK, well….Here we go!
1. I grew up hunting and fishing with my dad and mom.
|My dad and me. I am the one with the apple and the toy gun.|
2. This will surprise some of you. I am a knitter. Mostly in the winter when it is dark so early I go nuts. And never sweaters, (although I have started many) my attention span is just way too short for that. Here is my latest creation, the Koolhaas Hat that I made from a pattern by my favorite designer, Jared Flood:
|That is not Bailey in the background, that is my dad’s dog, Kenny|
3. I love hot sauce, but don’t really like Tabasco. Right now, this sauce is my favorite:
|Really, we ski too! Not sure about rocking the goggles and sunglasses though..|
5. Only 258 days until Ironman Lake Placid. Come on, you KNEW I had to sneak the countdown in somewhere!!
6. Sometimes I think about getting a new bike. It kind of freaks me out, because bikes can cost so much, and really I know I could get through IMLP with Rico, my current bike. So then I go back to thinking I don’t need a new bike. Because really, my bike Rico and I have been a lot of miles together. So obviously I am waffling like crazy on this. Don’t worry, you guys will be the first to know.
7. I spent 18 days in the belly of the Grand Canyon on a private boater permit with some of my best friends in the world. I miss the call of the Canyon Wren, the sand in places you didn’t know you had, Gunniess for breakfast (it is like oatmeal), groovers with spectacular views, and laughing so much it hurts. Sometime in the not too distant future, I will be back there.
|Yup, that is a beer, the silt wore the label off.|
|Groover with a view. Yes, this was 100% carry in, carry out.|